Bilingual Residential Stabilization Counselor
Internal and external posting
Female staff only
The Residential Stabilization Counselor is responsible for providing 24/7 residential support to female clients who are struggling with addictions, are unsafely housed, and are waiting for their admission to addiction treatment services. Services are provided to women that are sober and drug abstinent and who are in need of temporary residential care due to a crisis or poor housing conditions that places them at high risk of relapsing. Clinical care, crisis intervention and support are given to clients and include initial screening, assessment, monitoring, provision of physical care as well as the formulation and documentation of a comprehensive care plan and discharge plan in collaboration with the client. The RSC also facilitates individual and group counseling sessions and supports clients and their family members. The services are provided in compliance with the Montfort Renaissance’s objectives and standards and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards.
- College degree in Social Work, Community services or Justice services
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or related field with an addiction concentration
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in the field of addictions and/or mental health (a combination of both will be preferred)
- Experience in intervention, interviewing and counseling with clients with addictions and/or mental health issues, is mandatory
- Demonstrated knowledge of counseling techniques, approaches, and interventions currently used in the field of addictions and mental health
- Knowledge of stabilization services in order to manage safely physical, mental and emotional needs of clients waiting for their treatment
- Knowledge of Champlain addictions services network in order to assist clients and their family members in accessing appropriate community resources
- Excellent oral and written communication in both French and English, at a superior level
- Effective client-centered communication
- Flexibility and approach based on clients’ needs
- Current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), motivational interviewing and CPR/First Aid is an asset
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU :
- Compensation between $23,61/h and $26,36/h
- Be part of a multidisciplinary and dynamic team of experienced addictions and mental health professionals within a growing organization
- Collaborate with an important network of addictions and mental health services
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter to Human Resources by December 17th, 2017, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (613) 789-9848.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Montfort Renaissance, we are committed to fostering a healthy and accessible workplace. We therefore adhere to the principle of adaptation in the workplace. If you need accommodation, please contact us.
MRI subscribes to the principles of employment equity in the workplace.