Bilingual Residential Support Counselor
Internal and external posting
The Residential Support Counselor is responsible for providing residential support and accommodation services to the clientele of Terrasses Montfort Renaissance. These services are provided to people living or having lived in chronic homelessness. The vast majority of the targeted clientele for this program, among others, is experiencing mental health issues or substance abuse. Clinical care, crisis intervention and ongoing support are available to clients. More specifically, services include: client assessment, monitoring, development and documentation of a service plan in collaboration with the client, assistance with daily living activities, and assistance with quick access to support services in the community. The incumbent works according to a harm reduction approach centered on the needs of the client, individually or in groups. The services provided are consistent with the goals of the Housing First model as part of the City of Ottawa’s Ten-Year Housing and Homelessness Plan.
- Minimum requirement: College degree in Social Work, Community services or legal services
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Criminology or related field
- Minimum of two (2) year experience in the field of chronic homelessness
- Experience in intervention, interviewing and counseling with chronically homeless clients with addictions and/or mental health issues
- Excellent knowledge of counseling techniques, approaches, and interventions currently used in the field of homelessness, addictions and/or mental health
- Good problem solving and crisis management skills
- Skills and experience in data entry with software and tools for case management and evaluation
- Advanced oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Effective client-centered communication
- Flexibility and approach based on clients’ needs
- Certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI), ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), CPR training, motivational interviewing, concurrent disorders treatment, are assets.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Compensation between $23,61/h and $26,36/h
- Be part of a multidisciplinary and dynamic team of experienced addictions and mental health professionals within a growing organization
Please submit your résumé and a cover letter to Human Resources by December 27th, 2017, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (613) 789-9848.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Montfort Renaissance, we are committed to fostering a healthy and accessible workplace. We therefore adhere to the principle of adaptation in the workplace. If you need accommodation, please contact us.
MRI is committed to the principles of employment equity in the workplace.