The Centre de services Guigues got a makeover thanks to a $150,000 grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation
PRESS RELEASE September 19th, 2019
The Centre de services Guigues got a makeover
thanks to a $150,000 grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation
Ottawa – On Wednesday, September 18th, Montfort Renaissance (MRI) held its second community public assembly at the Centre de services Guigues (CSG), to which its staff, clients and the community were invited. MRI highlighted its achievements during the 2018-2019 fiscal year and, more specifically, the major refurbishment work at the CSG. Joel Harden, MPP for Ottawa Centre, was on hand to highlight the $150,000 grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) that allowed the CSG to rejuvenate its premises.
“The OTF’s investment in the modernization of the CSG was great news for our clients and staff. Many seniors will benefit from the rejuvenation of its facilities as they participate in many community activities offered by the Centre. ” – Michelle de Courville Nicol, President of the Board of Directors of Montfort Renaissance.
“This grant permitted renovations that were necessary for both the building’s infrastructure and the well-being of the Centre’s clientele. The CSG is now more welcoming and better meets the needs of people with reduced mobility. Congratulations to Montfort Renaissance for promoting the Franco-Ontarian heritage! ” – Joel Harden, MPP for Ottawa Centre.
- Montfort Renaissance is a Francophone community organization that makes a difference in the lives of more than 5,500 clients by offering integrated services in the fields of mental health, addiction, housing along with services for seniors.
- The Centre de services Guigues, recently integrated with Montfort Renaissance, offers community support services and socio-recreational activities in French for seniors and adults with disabilities.
- For more information on Montfort Renaissance’s programs and services, please visit our website: www.montfortrenaissance.ca
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is an agency of the Government of Ontario, and one of Canada’s leading granting foundations. OTF awarded more than $120 million to some 700 projects last year to build healthy and vibrant communities in Ontario.
Jeanne-Hélène Tardivel, Executive Director
613-789-5144 extension 217
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Learn more about OTF’s Investment Strategy