The Centre de jour polyvalent des aînés francophones d’Ottawa-Carleton, an organization created in 1982, moved to the 159 Murray St. location in 1997, in the former École Guigues building. In April of 2019, the center, which was renamed Centre de services Guigues in 2006, joined the large Montfort Renaissance family.
At Centre de services Guigues, Ottawa region seniors and adults living with a disability can benefit from a wide range of community support services and socio-recreational activities that aim to entertain, equip and support them, and are delivered in French.
The following programs and services are offered at the Centre de services Guigues:
- Transportation (non-urgent medical transportation and grocery shopping)
- Day programs (regular program and specialized program)
- Social and recreational activities (e.g. conferences, crafts, choir, fitness, Groove dance, outdoor walks, day trips, themed lunches, special events, various classes – Spanish, English, knitting)
- Community support
- Palliative support (end-of-life supportive care)
- Caregiver support (supportive care for caregivers and support groups)
- Friendly visits
- Telephone Assurance
- Foot care clinic (by appointment only)
- Free tax clinic (by appointment only)
- Meal services (lunches served on-site, frozen meals and cooked meals to go)
The goal of these programs is to:
- Foster the physical, psychological, social, emotional and spiritual well-being of participants.
- Encourage maintaining and promoting a maximum level of security and independence.
- Promote the development of a unique, pleasant and inclusive environment that leads to a better quality of life.
- Maximize community integration and the fostering of a feeling of belonging.
- Promote the development of skills and creativity.
- Ensure the promotion and access to social and health services.
Centre de services Guigues offers its clients many meeting rooms, multipurpose rooms, a games room and a library.
Would you like to come and benefit from our programs? Please do not hesitate to communicate with us at 613.241.1266 to learn more.
We look forward to meeting you there soon!